A number of areas in Nairobi will experience water shortage this week. This is according to the Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company (NCWSC). Through a statement to the public, the company stated that the Ngethu Water Treatment Plant will be shut down from 6am on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 to Thursday, August 13, 2020, 6pm.
The Ngethu closure will facilitate major repair works at Mwagu water intake that was damaged by the long rains. The areas to be affected are;
- The whole of City Centre, University of Nairobi Main Campus, Coca Cola Factory, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, EPZ-Athi River.
- Areas along Mombasa road, South B, South C and the neighbourhoods.
- The whole of Industrial Area.
- Areas along Juja road, Mlango Kubwa, whole of Mathare, Eastleigh Airforce, Huruma, Kariobangi, Pangani, the whole of Eastleigh.
- Areas along Jogoo road, Maringo, Buruburu and the Surrounding Estates, Bahati.
- Areas along Outer-Ring Road; Baba Dogo, Dandora, Dandora KCC Factory, Umoja, Donholm, fedh, Tassia, Avenue Park, Nyayo Embakasi.
- Areas along Kangundo Road; Ruai, Kayole, Komarock Estate, Njiru.
- Areas along Thika road; Kenya Breweries, Kenyatta University, Kahawa Barracks, Marurui, Kasarani, Mwiki, Kahawa Sukari, Garden Estate and Thome Estate.
- Areas along Limuru Road; Parklands, Ngara area, Aga Khan Hospital, University – School of Law and City Park area, Gigiri, United Nations – Gigiri, Muthaiga.
- Areas along Naivasha road, Kikuyu road and Karen.
Residents of the listed areas have been urged to use water sparingly.
By: The Standard Entertainment & Lifestyle (A Product of The Standard)