Kwame Owusu Fordjour is popularly known as Dr. Kwame Owusu Fordjour or Wyclef by close friends is a famous Ghanaian con artist who hails from the Ashanti region of Ghana. Although much is not known about his primary and secondary school background, he had his tertiary education with the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
He has allegedly been a con artist for a period of 25 years and his recent acts was dishing out fake United Nations awards to persons like the Vice Chancellor of the University of Ghana, Sarkodie and a host of others. He was arrested once in 2010 by the Ghana Police for trying to con some rural banks in the Ashanti region.
Some of his fraud scandals includes;
- Awarding fake UN awards to some Ghanaian dignitaries.
- Awarding himself an Mphil
- Printing of fake KNUST degrees
- Fraudulently taking over 15 million old Ghana cedis from 20 anxious parents who wanted admissions for their wards at KNUST.
- Fake health problems to escape prosecution for his criminal deeds.