Australian singer, songwriter, author, screenwriter, composer and occasional actor Nick Cave has announced the death of his son Jethro Lazenby.
Advertisement
In a statement, Nick cave requested for privacy for the family.
Nick Cave said;
“With much sadness, I can confirm that my son, Jethro, has passed away.”
“We would be grateful for family privacy at this time.”
Lazenby, the oldest son of Nick Cave died on May 9, 2022 at the age of 31.
Nick Cave’s son Jethro Lazenby was born in Melbourne in 1991.
Lazenby started modelling after being scouted in the city and had acting roles in the 2007 film Corroboree and 2011’s My Little Princess, which starred Isabelle Huppert.
Lazenby’s most recent work was as a photographer.

Advertisement
Lazenby had a hard time staying away from trouble and he had only been released on bail from Melbourne Remand Centre last Thursday, 5 May, after a magistrate instructed that he must undergo substance abuse treatment and avoid contact with his mother Beau for the next two years.
Previously, a court had heard how Beau found her son at her front door on 7 March, 2022, and let him stay for the night.
The following morning, Lazenby and his mum had an argument and it led to Lazenby kneeing her in the face, leaving her bleeding and badly injured.
Lazenby’s mom fled to a local pub and asked them to call the police, the court was told.
Lazenby’s lawyer, Sean Ghattas, however, explained that Lazenby had been diagnosed with schizophrenia, which had affected his judgement.
As of now, the cause of Lazenby’s demise has not been disclosed.


Leave a Reply